Economic Damages and Securities Litigation
We provide expert testimony and consulting service on:
- Class certification – Magee has testified for 7 Hollywood Movie Studios, Allstate, and served as a consultant in an LSW case
- Security litigation – Magee has testified for CenterPoint-Texas Genco ($2.4 billion), Republic Waste, Tidel, and Crossroads.
- Energy litigation – Magee has testified in damages cases for ExxonMobil, Chevron, Amoco, Baker Hughes, Weatherford International
Other cases Magee has testified for: Exxon, Hewlett-Packard, Major US Paper Companies, and Time Warner Cable.
Intellectual Property: Patent Infringement, Copyright Infringement and Trade Secrets Damages
- Litigation consulting on damages, including reasonable royalty analysis, FRAND analysis for standard essential patents, lost profit analysis, pre-judgment interest calculation, and domestic industry analysis.
- Expert testimony at deposition and trial
- Expert reports on damages
- Damages contention
- ITC expert reports
- Assistance in arbitration, settlement negotiation, and pre-litigation economic analysis.
- Consulting on patent valuation and licensing negotiation
Representative clients include:
- Hewlett Packard
- Dow Chemical
- Western Union
- Becton Dickinson
- Mondis Technology
- US Ethernet
- Expert testimony
- Lost profits analysis
- Consulting on both liability and damages
- Market definition and market structure
- Analysis of price fixing, collusion, group boycotts, horizontal and vertical mergers, price discrimination, vertical integration, exclusive dealing, abuse of market power and monopolization, cartels, anticompetitive bidding and auctions
Magee has testified for 7 Hollywood Movie Studios, Dow Chemical, DuPont, MM Steel ($156 million)
- Data analysis using statistical software such as EVIEWS, STATA and R and MATLAB for numerical computation, visualization, and programming
- Data analysis, time series data analysis, and Monte Carlo Simulations using Simulated Method of Moments (SMM) and Generalized Method of Moments (GMM) for estimating economic models
- Regressions, auto-regressive, time series and cross sectional models, logit and probit probabilistic models and make statistical inferences based on our analysis
- Economic consulting to elementary schools
- Effective use of information technology and computer training.
- How to increase teaching effectiveness and reduce education cost.
- How technology reduces education costs